- Prof. Dr. Xianyi Zeng
- The ENSAIT Textile Institute, University of Lille, Roubaix, France.
Website | E-mail
- Dr. Zhebin Xue
- College of Textile and Clothing Engineering, Soochow University, Suzhou, China.
Website | E-mail
Special Issue Introduction
In recent years, the growing concerns for environmental and climate changes, together with issues of poverty, waste, uses of energy, water, resources, and human capital, have placed sustainable development under the spotlight. The overarching goal of sustainable research is understanding how to ensure the well-being of current and future generations within the limits of the natural world from the perspectives of social and economic governance, environmental management, public value cultivation, and sustainability-oriented innovations in various industrial sectors. The emergence of computational intelligence (CI) has helped transform business practices and industries, and address various major societal problems, including sustainability. Computational intelligence for sustainability is the computer scientific branch of the interdisciplinary field of sustainability research, an applied science about the research in sustainable solutions and their implementation. In this context, we will organize a special issue in Computer Intelligence for Sustainability in order to offer a systematic overview of this emerging research field and provide innovative interdisciplinary approaches. It will provide a leading forum for disseminating the latest results of studies, development, and applications of sustainability research with strong involvement of computer intelligence.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
● Intelligent sustainable product design
● Intelligent sustainable production system modeling, simulation, and optimization;
● Sustainability-oriented decision support systems;
● Sustainability-oriented supply chain optimization;
● Environmental and sustainability assessment;
● Circular economy – computational models;
● Sustainable consumption – computational models;
● Interactions between health and environment and others, all related to the application of computer intelligence to sustainability research.
Submission Deadline30 Mar 2023