- Prof. Dr. Pierluigi Siano
Department of Management & Innovation Systems, University of Salerno, Salerno, Italy.
Website | E-mail
- Dr. Mohammad Reza Salehizadeh
Marvdasht Branch, Islamic Azad University, Marvdasht, Iran.
Special Issue Introduction
Virtual power plants (VPPs) are promising solutions to address the energy efficiency and decarbonization goals in smart energy systems. A VPP is a system that integrates heterogeneous sources such as distributed generation systems with intermittent renewable energies to give a reliable and friendly overall power supply. The typical characteristics and superiorities of VPP are environmental protection, renewability, high efficiency, synergy, interactivity, and effective contribution to supply-load balancing. VPPs can be utilized to tackle problems brought by the stochastic nature of renewable resources, insufficient local energy flexibility on the demand side, and lack of energy storage devices. On the other hand, the creation and operation of VPPs involve the application of complex ICT techniques dealing with the modeling of the energy assets, energy flows, and forecasting of local energy demand and generation to meet the defined goals using heuristics, and portfolio management. All of these issues put several unsolved problems in front of architecture, control, and implementation of VPPs in the future. This special issue welcomes manuscripts that deal with all aspects of technology, optimization, control, management, implementation, and ICT problems of VPPs. The subjects of interest include, but are not limited to:
● VPPs’ management and integration strategies;
● VPP communication protocol, ICT, and network security;
● Optimization methods and control designs for VPP management;
● Machine learning approaches for VPP;
● Trading and market mechanisms for VPPs;
● Data management and software development for VPPs;
● Advanced power system dynamics analysis for VPPs;
● Advanced gid-forming technologies for VPPs.
Submission Deadline20 Dec 2022