- Prof. Dr. Kevin W. Li
- Odette School of Business, University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada.
Website | E-mail
- Dr. Zhi Liu
- College of Economics and Management, Anhui Polytechnic University, Wuhu, Anhui, China.
Special Issue Introduction
With rapid economic development and accelerating industrialization around the globe, mounting environmental and sustainability concerns are driving business executives to embrace green supply chain management (GrSCM) practice. Growing out of the conventional supply chain view, GrSCM was sparked by the “quality revolution” in the 1980s and further supply chain revolution in the 1990s. Over past several decades, GrSCM focuses on reducing waste and carbon footprint throughout product life cycle and has been attracting increasing attention from academics and practitioners.
Despite various benefits, GrSCM continues facing many challenges such as supply chain disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting reshoring and deglobalization trend. In the meantime, many opportunities are also present in GrSCM research thanks to extensive applications of new information technologies such as big data, cloud computing, the Internet of Things, and blockchain technology. Accordingly, different drivers and obstacles of GrSCM development require more attention and further investigation.
In this Special Issue, we welcome theoretical and empirical research that addresses different challenges and opportunities in GrSCM. Topics include, but are not limited to the following issues:
● Mathematical models and hybrid methods in green supply chain operations management
● GrSCM strategic planning and operational models
● Smart environment modeling in green supply chains
● Big data analytic models in GrSCM
● Computational models in GrSCM
● Blockchain technology applications to GrSCM
● Risk analysis and resilience of GrSCM
This Special Issue aims to publish high-quality articles that help us better understand different challenges and opportunities in GrSCM and further this important research field.
Submission Deadline31 Mar 2022